Coffee For Skin? Yeah, you read that right!
No wonder we girls never regret gulping 6-7 cups of coffee a day. We just can’t do without it, its more of an energy elixir than just a mere beverage! And absolutely there is no such thing called “too much of coffee”.
Coffee is an antioxidant and has a host of benefits such as it boosts our brain power, is good for those who have low levels of blood pressure, might help in losing weight and helps us to build strong immunity system.
While all these benefits are intrinsic, coffee, if applied topically, can do wonders too!
Here are the 7 best ways you can use coffee for skin:
1. Coffee for Skin Brightening:
This is most simple DIY I have ever tried! And oh my, it works amazingly and how. You got to put your hands in this, girls!
Here is the recipe:
- Just pour some raw milk and organic coffee powder into the bowl.
- Mix it throughout and ensure the coffee powder is mixed properly.
- Apply to your face evenly.
- Let it dry for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and voila! Happy and Glowing Skin 🙂
It is only for those who want to brighten their skin instantly and it is not going to heal your major skin issues. The results stay only for a day or two.
Here is a thing, when we use natural ingredients for skin, we can not see results overnight. We have to be patient and consistent with the regime. Our skin is fragile and it needs constant care to be healthy and in its best state.
2. Coffee for Skin Lightening:
We know about how to brighten skin with coffee, now how would you lighten your skin with coffee. This is for those who have pigmented skin.
When it comes to lightening skin, we all resort to aloe vera first, right? Here we are going to use the same. Aloe vera and coffee makes an amazing concoction for skin lightening.
Here is how you can include it in your regime:
- Take fresh aloe vera gel or you can also use those which are available in stores. Make sure those are 100% organic.
- Put the gel into the bowl and some coffee powder.
- Mix it well to form a thick paste.
- Apply to your face evenly and leave for at least a half-hour.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- If the coffee stains are left, you can use a mild cleanser afterward.
Results may vary for everyone as we all tend to have different skin types, but patience is the key here. Use this DIY daily, you will gradually see the results definitely.
3. Coffee for Skin Exfoliation:
This is the oldest DIY or remedy we have been listening to and reading over and over everywhere. Coffee Scrub? The best and cheapest exfoliator ever.
Believe you me, you don’t have to spend thousands of bucks to buy scrubs if you already use coffee as a scrub.
Here is how you can prepare it:
- Take 1 tbsp brown sugar granules and put it in a bowl
- Put coffee powder ( 1 tsp)
- Add a dash of cocoa powder to it (Optional)
- Put olive oil into it
- Mix all of them together thoroughly
- Rub it gently onto your face and neck
- Let it sit for 2-5 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- If you tend to have oily skin, use a mild cleanser afterward.
Note: If you don’t have olive oil you can use almond oil instead and you can use white sugar granules instead of brown sugar if it is not available. Both works effectively.
4. Coffee for Skin Tightening:
Our skin tends to sag and loses its firmness as we age but it is reversible. Though only topically applying things would not firm your skin forever but taking effective care is one of the factors for achieving such a youthful face.
Here is the recipe for this DIY:
- Put 1 tablespoon of organic coffee powder in a bowl
- Add coconut milk into it (3-4 tsp)
- Mix it well and apply to your face
- Let it sit for 25-30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
- You can use hung curd as a substitute for coconut milk.
It instantly makes feel skin tightened and more firm than before. It’s also good for open pores and dry skin.
5. Coffee Oil for Healthier and Happier Skin:
Coffee oil is super easy to make and effective when used for skin issues. You can safely use this as your go-to face oil or body oil to keep your skin at par always!
Here is how you can make it:
- Take a saucepan and put half a cup of coconut oil.
- Allow it to heat up for 30 seconds on a lower flame
- Put organic coffee powder into it
- Allow to heat up for a minute or two
- Strain the coffee oil with a cotton handkerchief into a glass jar
- Close the jar with its lid and keep it in the dry area for about 1-2 weeks
- You can use this on your face and body as usual
- Patch test before using the oil.
The key benefits of this oil are:
- It increases blood circulation.
- It reduces puffiness under eyes, dark circles.
- Tighten skin and makes it look firm.
- Helps to achieve a supple skin texture.
- Prevents sun damage.
6. Coffee for a clearer skin:
You all might be thinking that all DIY’s are pointing to same things like skin brightening, glowing or lightening.
I would suggest you keep reading because you know each DIY is for a specific skin problem or an issue and when dealt effectively and correctly can give long-lasting results.
You will need to prepare this mask:
- Turmeric ( 1 tsp)
- Coffee Powder ( 1 tbsp)
- Yogurt ( 2 tbsp)
Mix all of them together to make a thick paste and apply all over your face. Wash it off with lukewarm water afterward. You can also massage your face using this paste but avoid the under eye area which is too sensitive.
7. Coffee Scrub for Chapped Lips:
To make this scrub you will need:
- Olive Oil (2-3 tsp)
- Coffee Powder (1 tsp)
- Brown Sugar Granules ( 1 tbsp)
- (4-5) Drops of Lavender oil (Optional)
Apply the scrub gently onto your lips, then remove it with the warm water soaked cotton balls. It removes the dead skins and leaves lips soft, lustrous and pink!
That’s all with the uses of coffee for the skin. Stay tuned to know more about how you can use coffee to maximize its health benefits apart from the skin.
Product links for coffee and oils are given in the post do check them out.